Monday, April 22, 2013

Star Light, Star Bright...

Posted by Laura at 12:29 PM

The bridal shower theme this weekend was based on Vincent Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' painting.

The ambiance was romantic: white lights strung across the pavilion, drapery for a vintage look, star confetti drizzled on the tables, candles and flower centerpieces on each table, and of course, my rendition of 'Starry Night' in cake form.

I used almost every circular tip (1-7) I own for this cake, along with the leaf tips (59 and 60).

The most challenging part of this cake was getting the colors vibrant enough. I went through a lot of food coloring. The trick to not using too much icing is to do all the light colors first and then gradually get darker.

I started with the stars. Then moved to the light blue swirls. Then I just started filling in other places. I made sure to keep a little bit of every color for the final touch of accent colors. The final thing I did was the chocolate tree.

To add the "painting" aspect, I put a picture frame around it. Congrats to the Bride and Groom on their upcoming nuptials and a BIG thank you for letting me be a part of the "Starry Night" Bridal Shower experience.

0 comments on "Star Light, Star Bright... "

Post a Comment

If you like it - Share it!

Ą

Queen of Sweets Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez