Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Patty Cake, Patty Cake...

Posted by Laura at 12:00 PM
So this is a different kind of cake... a Diaper cake!

Even when I'm not baking a cake, I'm thinking of cakes!

I always dip into my creative side when I go to a baby shower (that I'm not making an actual cake for). Sometimes I make the money kite or the oragami money. Other times I make Diaper cakes.

This is just a simple design I did in less than 20 minutes.

Using a water bottle for support, wrap diapers around the water bottle till the base is to your desired thickness. Then secure with a ribbon

Hint: use a rubber band as you are going along if you don't have any help holding the diapers together... otherwise you may lose the whole thing.

Keep layering as much as you want, securing each bundle with a bit of ribbon. Then just add accent pieces. I found that glue dots worked best for securing pieces to the ribbon.

Try not to poke holes into the diapers (for obvious reasons) and try not to add glue or tape either. The object here is to send the mommy-to-be home with diapers she can use.

I was putting this in a bag, so I fastened it all together with some clear plastic basket wrap.








If you want something more masculine, you can try out my motorcycle biker pup.


0 comments on "Patty Cake, Patty Cake... "

Post a Comment

If you like it - Share it!

Ą

Queen of Sweets Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez